Google

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 15th






We have joined the Tollygunge Club, and tonight was our first night as members. It was so pleasant. The pool was clean and blue, not too crowded, with long lanes for swimming laps. The food was yummy and the drinks were very reasonably priced. We sat in the garden restaurant out and watched small white screech owls fly down from their nests to catch critters in the golf course. It was all so pleasant. The next time I go, I'll be sure to get some tennis lessons, have a gin and tonic, and make a luncheon date with the ladies from the International Women's club, let me just check my engagement book. ....lovely and strange that these things can really happen to me here in Kolkata.

I have a couple of pictures from the horse stalls in the club- one really cute horse shrine area, but those that I'm posting are mainly from our touring around the area with our friends. We visited the botanical gardens, which is only a 15 min drive from our house, and it houses the largest Banyon tree ever recorded, too big to take a picture of, so I shot one of Sam and Matthew walking around the giant shoot off trees the main had sprung. There's a picture of me with some women who were visiting Calcutta from Andra Pradesh, they wanted a shot with me, I wanted one with them... we were all happy. There are some other's that are thrown in there for your enjoyment.

xoxo
laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home